- Guru is India’s first film to have a mainstream international premiere in Canada. Director Mani Ratnam as well as two of the film’s Indian stars Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai were extended a personal invitation by the Toronto mayor David Miller.
- Guru is the only movie to be shot at the premesis of the famed ‘Express Estates’, the 21 acre stretch in the heart of Chennai City (opp. to Spencer plaza), the home of The New Indian Express and Dinamani, as the film demanded a period look for their settings of a media house, which the old office buildings provided.Incidentally the buildings were brought down to dust weeks after the filming was over in the premises, since the Media Group moved to a shiny new location in Ambattur.
- Guru has become the first Indian film to be projected digitally within India
- S. Bharathi, a lawyer in real life, plays the role of a marriage registrar in the movie.
- For the Tamil release of Guru, leading Tamil actor Surya Sivakumar has voiced lines for Abhishek Bachchan and veteran actor Nassar has voiced for Mithun Chakraborty’s character. Actress Rohini has voiced lines for Aishwarya Rai, while Madhavan has voiced his lines for the Tamil version.
- Richard Corliss of TIME Magazine compared the film to Frank Capra‘s It’s a Wonderful Life
Courtesy to Wikipedia